Sunday, October 11, 2009

BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait any longer!!!!! So I showed you a hint yesterday of what I was doing, well, today I can show you what it was! I was making my very own buttons! I know some of you are pros, so be easy on me :) This was my first rodeo! I love the way some came out, but not so much others. It was a learning process for sure! Here are some of the ones I made:



Here is a card I made today using one of them! I am tired of paying out the yahoo for something really unique, so I am making my own from now on AND I will be offering them on my Etsy site for a VERY affordable price!

And a special for cardmakers- I have made some very nice and thin buttons for us! I hate weighing down a card with a thick button that calls for more postage, so I have made some thin ones to make it easy to attach to a card and no extra postage is required b/c of the weight! YEAH!!!! Hope you guys like them!!! Let me know and someone will win a set I am calling "80's Throwback" :)



My Etsy Shoppe
***Don't forget to enter the free giveaways listed at the top of my blog!!!
Proud Member of:
Die Cuts R Us Design Team
The Lime Light Creative Team
Rubber Romance Stamps Design team

21 comments:

Sara said...

OMG! i just love buttons and yours are just amazing :)

great job SJ!!!! can't wait to see some more!

sarabeth

craft_princess said...

WOW! These rock!! So my guess was pretty good!

-Stacie

Melisa said...

These are so great!! I am totally loving them, you are so very talented!

Mary said...

These are great! You did an awesome job on them!

Mary

phonelady said...

oh wow I have been collecting buttons for longer than I can remember and I used to swap buttons too . Love yours cause they are so unique . Kuddos to you on these , they are awesome .

Phoenix Neuman said...

These are awesome buttons! They have a handmade yet professional feel to them. :) Great job! How did you make them?

laterg8r said...

these are awesome, i just bought some fimo this week and am gonna try my hand at this too :D

Terria said...

They turned out great they almost look like candy!!

Kendra said...

Oh, that looks like a whole different craft I could get into!

s.cammack said...

adore these buttons!! i can think of a millions reasons that i need these and oh what i could do with them!! can't wait to see these in your etsy store!

Amanda Profumo said...

SWOON!!! I love 'em! Can't wait to purchase! You go, you crafty chic!

iluvmybugs said...

Your buttons are sooooo cute and handmade is best!!! TFS

Terry

Avril Ann said...

These are utterly fab, I wish I had better finger dexterity as I would have a go, but there is just somethings I would find too difficult, way to go girl, Love Avril xxx

lundgren79 said...

Buttons are some of my most favoritest things! I love how fun and unique yours are, cannot wait to check out the etsy shop for items:)
Thanks!

Yvette said...

Oh goodness girl, I told ya that you are the Embellie Diva! ;) Love these buttons!

*Alison* said...

These are amazing.. great job.. how fun!!! hugs

Kaytee said...

Wow Sammye Jo!!! These are so awesome!!!! I love funky buttons!!

Karen L said...

Are those great or what?!! I am just in love with that Jack O Lantern one!! So what are they made of?? Did you use Sculpy or Fimo clay??!

Loz (Aus) said...

I love these buttons!! Great work and good luck selling them.. not that you'll need it, they're great!
Read your post about meeting your followers...well I'm one of 'em - and you can find my blog here x

Rita said...

LOVE, Love, love those buttons...off to check your etsy site.

Charlene said...

I love these buttons!! They are so pretty. Great job!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to sign up as a follower!