Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Valentine's Day Candy Bar!

Hey everyone! It's been a LONG weekend! My 5 year old asked to have a Valentine's Day Party a while back. SOOOOO, I have obviously planned it for months now :)
I don't do many parties b/c I am usually busy making decor for all the orders in the shoppe, but I always try to have a great birthday and something small for his friends in the middle of the year.  I really try to cover all the basis, but of course, there is a long list of the things I forgot, or that didn't pan out the way I had thought! Nonetheless, the kids had a good time I think, the parents got to snack on the "adult" food (ham and swiss poppy seed sammys, chicken salad croissants, winter fruit salad, artichoke cups, and sausage wontons), the kids played, crafted, ate, and left with favors, and it's all not cleaned up :) HA!
Here is how it turned out!


 (I didn't make the Heart Cookies, they are by GoosieGirl.etsy.com :)
Twizzlers Cut in half and tied with twine
Pretzel Buttons- Easy peasey!
Melt Hugs (I used the raspberry Milk chocolate ones! in the oven on 200 for a couple minutes and top with an M & M!  I make these at Christmas every year b/c they are SO easy!)

 Cupcakes, Cake Pops in Ice Cream Cones, Chocolate covered Strawberries and Fruit and Jello Cups!

 Marshmellows Kabobs (covered in candy melts and sprinkles!)
My fabulous Goodwill find- a WORKING bubblegum machine!
M&M's of course!

 Kool Aid Bursts (Easy and none wasted!)
Red Velvet Cake Pops, Mini Cake Pops, Suckers with Lips:), and Cupcake PushPops!

 Close up on the push pops! These were a hit! (See below) :)

 Lexi Agreed!

 2 Carft tables for the kiddos! They made Valentines, Princess Crowns, Colored, etc

 And I made some props for our make shift Photo booth!

 Who said kids were the only ones who used the props and took pics :)

 Details! Covered the drinks of course!

and my sweet boy by the favor bags! He was so incredibly thankful for his friends who came and to us for letting him have the party. He thanked me no less than 30 times! His room was a WRECK from all the kiddos (21 in total I believe), but they had a great time! Luckily, my sister spent the weekend, so she helped me prep/set up/ and break down!
I hope he carries these memories! If he forgets, I'll be sure to mark the pages in his scrapbook that will document them! HA!

3 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

AWESOME! You have to be one of the coolest moms EVER!!

Coloring Pages said...

That is an interesting blog. nice post, i think u must try this site to increase traffic. have a nice day Coloring Pages

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

What an awesome Valentine party! Next year, I wanna come! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to sign up as a follower!