Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Wellamina

Back by demand are the Saturday Spotlights! Here I will again feature artists and their work! I encourage you to check out their shops, and as always, a special treat is in it for you at the end! Show support & love! You guys are the best at it!!! (If you would like to be featured, simply send me an email at sammyejo@62cards.com and we will get you scheduled! Happy spotlight day!
Saturday Spotlight Featured Artist: Eleanor from Wellamina!
Name: Eleanor Prado


Where are you from?: I was born in Chicago, Illinois I lived there most of my life. Now I live in South Carolina.


What do specialize in: I always loved to sew, So that why I got into making things, like my purse size tissue holders. But I don't stop their. I also make things with buttons. From ponytail holders to jewelry.

Name & URL of store: Wellamina - http://www.wellamina.etsy.com/ and http://www.thebuttonboutique.etsy.com/

Where did the name come from: Wellamina is a little bit of me and a little of my daughter, Wellamina is 12. Not an adult, but not a child. She's just trying figure out who she is, a young girl with alot of talent and thats ok.

How did you get started on etsy?: Surfing on the internet one day. My husband said you should try it. and I did, and I never looked backed.

Any advice for new etsy sellers that you have learned?: First you need to give 100% love in what you do. Believe in yourself, Try! I learned though my mistakes, do reseach on prices, packaging, and taking great photos is the most important thing. Remember your customers can't pick it up to look at it, so they count on you to give them the best pictures and description.


What do you want customers to know about you and/or your product: The most important thing that I learned about myself is that all things are possible. Even with being a paraplegic. Me, having MS has changed my life, and I learned that if you really want to do something, than go for it. The only person thats stoping you is you yourself. One day I started to make some dress My husband said they look great, Wait, how are you sewing. I looked at him and said " I put the foot petal on the table and use my right hand to push it. Right than I knew I can do this "cool" I like my items to be perfect, What you see is what you get.

_______________________________________________
How cool is she!!!! So, in honor of being the featured artist, Wellamina is giving one lucky reader a FREE item from her shop! Yep , FREE. So, how do you enter? Leave a comment on this post about your favorite item in her shop! For extra entries leave a separate comment if you add her as a favorite on Etsy, make a purchase from her, and if you blog about this giveaway - post a comment with the link to your post! So, that's up to 4 entries!!! Good luck and happy commenting!

10 comments:

pinkrosesglass said...

Great shop! I really like the kitty tissue holder with the key ring! Best of luck to you!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26344788

Sphider said...

This one here is great! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26375594
I love the colours!
And I've added your shop to my faves! Best of luck to you!

Jo said...

I love the Handmade Hello Kitty Purse Size Tissue Holder With Keychain!

itsonlyjc AT hotmail DOT com

RaeChelle said...

Love the lady bug one! I would love it with a key chain. So cute!!

RaeChelle said...

Added her to my fave sellers on etsy!

Ms. Cheryl said...

My daughter loves little yellow rubber duckies so of course I was drawn to the tissue holder with the duckies. How cute? ms.cheryl

Ms. Cheryl said...

I loved Wellamina's etsy shop and added it to my faves. Will be doing some Christmas shopping here for sure. ms.cheryl

Ms. Cheryl said...

http://www.mycraftivity.com/nayhddy
I posted about the giveaway at the above blog. Thank you Sammye and Wellamina, ms.cheryl

Anonymous said...

Such cute things in your shop. I really think these are so cute. They look well made too.

Amanda Profumo said...

Oh, those tissue holders are adorable! Perfect for me since mine always gets squashed in the bottom of my bag! My fave? Definitley the 2 Vera Bradly prints in pinks and reds!

Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to sign up as a follower!