Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recipe Day :)- Homemade CrockPot Baked Potato Soup!

I love a good recipe. Wanted to share this one I made for Superbowl! I may be using it for an upcoming party as it was SUPER yummy!!!
Homemade Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients:
64 ounces Chicken Broth
3 lbs (I used about 8 large) Potatoes
(Wash, do not peel, dice)
1 lg onion diced
1 tablespoon season salt
5 teaspoons minced garlic
16 ounces Cream Cheese (room temp)
Shredded Cheese
Crumbled Bacon

Place broth, onion, potatoes, season salt, garlic into the crocpot. Cook on high for 6 hours.
Pour about half of soup into a large blender and add cream cheese. Blend well. Add mixture back to original soup and mix well. (If you only have a small blender, you could do it in 2 parts or such.) Dip out, add shredded cheese and bacon as desired and enjoy! *Note: this freezes REALLY well! I suggest freezing enough for a family meal in one bag/container so that you can pull one as needed for a quick dinner addition.  Enjoy everyone!

2 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Do you freeze this before adding cream cheese or after? I was always told to leave cream stuff out when freezing but if I can do it all at once that makes me even happier! Let me know!! Thanks!

Laura B said...

Sounds great! Thank you for sharing this!:)

Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to sign up as a follower!