Sunday, April 23, 2017

Instant Pot- Ranch Chicken

I think the first recipe everyone tells anyone who gets an Instant Pot about is the "crack chicken" recipe. I am not sure who started it to give credit to it for, but it is yummy. Here is my version of it, but we call it Ranch Chicken. Remember, even if you don't have an Instant Pot, you can cook most of these recipes in the slow cooker just adjusting the cooking times. It seems most slow cooker chicken meals I make I cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours.

  • Package of chicken ( i like tenders bc they are easy to shred)
  • Package of Ranch Seasoning
  • Block of cream cheese
  • 1 package of shredded cheese (I used the Mexican variety)
  • 1 cup of water 
  • 4-6 cut up pieces of bacon or bag of bacon pieces
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
I put the chicken in the cooker and topped with the block of cream cheese and ranch seasoning. Then I added a package of the ranch seasoning.  Seal Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. When done, I do a quick release of the steam and open. I stir, shred chicken and add salt and pepper, shredded cheese, and bacon. We always have bacon around here. It's my husband's favorite food group :) I stir everything again and then let it sit in the pot and warm for a few more minutes. It tends to thicken up if you let it sit for a few. If you want it thicker, try adding a little cornstarch.  I've served this on rolls, with toasted sourdough bread, and over noodles!

I always forget to take picture until it's almost gone. I'll try and get better about that!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to sign up as a follower!