Monday, April 17, 2017

Instant Pot- Banana Toast Breakfast Bake

 My husband is a fan of this pot people. I think he likes the new things I am trying. We get in a rut too and eat a lot of the same "go to" meals. I made this for Sunday morning breakfast and everyone liked it. Except the two year old. That day he didn't like food. He preferred being a stubborn toddler. Go figure.

Anyways- this was a little more intense than I had planned for, but it was just because it was my first time and I combined a bunch of recipes to make something of my own.  It'll be much easier next time. I am not really a "measuring" kind of cook. I prefer to just add what I want and cross my fingers. Maybe not the most technical, but hey, it's part of my creative side coming out ;) Let me know if you try it and if you add variations like pecans, or almonds to it!


 
  •  5-6 slices of bread, cubed (I just used wheat)
  • 4 bananas, sliced
  • 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • ¼ cup cream cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons chilled butter, sliced
  1. Slice your bread into cubes. Or use scissors! Works great!
  2. Grease a round baking dish that will fit down in your size pot.
  3. Add a layer of cut up bread to the bowl.
  4. Layer one sliced banana over the bread, then sprinkle one tablespoon of brown sugar over the bananas. or maybe a little more if you like :)
  5.  In a microwave, melt the cream cheese 30-45 seconds until it’s creamy enough to spread. Cover the bananas and bread with cream cheese.
  6. Add the rest of the bread to the bowl and layer one more sliced banana over the bread.
  7. Sprinkle  brown sugar over the bananas.
  8. Place sliced butter pieces over the bread as the top layer.
  9. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Whisk milk, vanilla, and cinnamon into egg mixture.
  10. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, making sure to coat the bread pretty well.
  11. Pour ¾ cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet or pot lifter in the bottom of the pot. If you don’t have a trivet to lift the pan out of the hot pressure cooker, make a sling out of of a large foil strip. Mine came with the trivet.
  12. Center the pan on the trivet or foil strip and lower it into the pressure cooker.
  13. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes.
  14. When timer goes off, turn off the pressure cooker and turn the steam release valve to “venting” to release the pressure. When the pressure valve drops, remove lid and remove dish from pressure cooking pot.
  15. Let set for 5 minutes, then top with sliced bananas, more cinnamon, or syrup!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to sign up as a follower!